5.06.2015

Doll Maker (Part 1)

What do you want to be when you grow up? A doll maker
What do you do for a living? A doll maker

Can you imagine telling your parents that I want to be a doll maker? I know my parents will say you're crazy. I'm sending you back to school to be a doctor, lawyer or accountant. Doll maker is out of the question.

I did some Google search for a doll maker career. Not much I can find, or I'm not savvy enough. One thing shows up, a Doll Maker falls under the broader career category of Assemblers and Fabricators. Well, my friends, don't be discouraged. The two artists that I'm about to write are doll makers and have been very successful.

Let me introduce, Yeo Mei Ying, an internationally recognized artist doll maker from Malaysia. The genius mind and talented seamstress behind all that is Evangelione. Her dolls are so popular that is sold out almost instant online and in person at exhibitions. Shameless to say, I want to get my hand on one. This also explains why you won’t find it on Etsy right now. Many of her works are in magazines and exhibitions from Hong Kong, New York, Singapore, France and Bulgaria.


From looking at the photos, each and every one of her handmade wonders are with excellent craftsmanship. It’s no wonder that she’s enchanted customers around the world. Visit her Flickr for more photos.

She is currently working on opening her own studio.

Here is a short video clip and some photos to get you started:




No comments: